Sunday, November 27, 2016

A Few Days Off...

Why is it that when the kids get a few days off from school that it still never seems like enough time? Don't get me wrong, I look forward to Monday mornings when they are all off doing what they need to do, but I still enjoy the relaxed times that we have together when there is no school.

Thanksgiving break is over today, and we didn't get to a lot of the things I wanted to do while they were home. I guess it's partially because two of them are teenagers and still have lives of their own even when school is out. In some ways, I long for the days when they were younger and looked up to me. I wish I had those days back and focused more on being with them than crossing things off my to-do list.

Now that Thanksgiving has come and gone, we are full-steam into the Christmas season. Every year, I try to focus on the true meaning of the season - the birth of Jesus Christ. I try to focus on giving rather than receiving and spending time with family and friends. This is truly my favorite time of the year! I look forward to some of the old family traditions and long to create new traditions and memories.

To those of you with young kids, remember to take the time to be with them. The laundry and dishes will wait. Bake cookies, hang decorations, send out cards.

Enjoy your holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment