Monday, November 14, 2016

The Real Reason I Started Writing

When I decided to start a blog, it's because I really do have a story to tell. Up to this point, I've just been dabbling with my writing, not really getting to my story. So, as promised, this week I am going to write about my marriage and divorce. I'll start at the beginning today and write a little more all week.

In 1996, I was "wowed" by the person I thought was the man of my dreams. He was funny, kind and very cute. He was a hard-worker and treated me like a princess. And, we met at the most magical place...Disney World! We both worked there.

The first time we "met", he was married. We just happened to cross paths for a few shifts. Our paths crossed again a little later and I learned that he was separated from his wife. We went out for drinks and got to know each other.

He told me how he caught his wife cheating on him, and that when she got caught, she took their daughter, who was about 2 at the time, and moved back to her family in New Jersey. I felt terrible for him...which is exactly what he wanted.

You see, twenty years later, I realize that I was married to a sociopath. These next few posts are going to be about the story of our marriage and how I finally came to see the light. If this sounds intriguing, be sure to check back daily this week to read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment