Friday, November 11, 2016

I Am Enough

OK, so I'm a day behind again...

Most days, I am amazed that I make it through the day. To me, laundry and a clean kitchen are signs of a highly productive day. And, if I happen to make dinner, too...whoa! Because, really, when you add to that a 40+ hour work week (at work) and another 5-10 hours at home, taxi-driving for my children, helping with homework and projects and the other million mundane tasks that have to get accomplished each day, clean laundry and a clean kitchen should really be considered above and beyond!

But, I long to be more. I want to be one of those "Pintrest Moms" that always has homemade teacher gifts and on-going craft projects. I want to have our meals planned out, using all the spectacular recipes that people share on Pintrest - and I want to have the ingredients on hand to make them.

I don't remember where, but I recently read a blog that basically said it's "enough" to be you. It was a great reminder that being the best "you" you can be is enough. Even though it is still hard for me to accept.

I know that I have a type A personality. I'm obsessed with trying to be a perfectionist - my teenage daughter reminds me of this often. I have some OCD traits that I know are insane. Trying to live up to my own standards is often a struggle. One in which I usually fail miserably.

Realistically, I know that I am enough. I provide for my kids. We have a roof over our heads, clothes on our backs and food in the cupboards (most days!) My kids all get good grades and are active in numerous extra-curricular activities. I am volunteer girl scout leader and was very active in our parent group at the school when all of my kids were in elementary school.

Yet, almost every day, I feel like I should be more. I want to be more. Do you ever feel this way? What do you do to remind yourself that you are "enough"?

No comments:

Post a Comment