Wednesday, November 9, 2016

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

The time change is still wreaking havoc on my body. I am ready for bed by 8:00 most nights (which is hardly ever possible because there are still a couple of taxi fares waiting for rides home!). It's dark when I get up in the morning, and dark by the time I pick the first kid up from practice - which is still about 2 hours before we can sit down for dinner.

Yet, I am slowly feeling myself getting excited about the holidays. While they typically bring stress - never enough money for the gifts they want, so many activities going on and getting ready for our annual Christmas Eve dinner which includes about 30 guests - I find it a positive stress. While there is a LOT to do, I enjoy doing all of the things that need to get done.

So, I think that today is the perfect day to put on some Christmas music (ssh..don't tell my kids or boyfriend - they'll shoot me!) and start baking some Christmas cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment