Friday, November 4, 2016

Who Knew??

Here I am on day three of my 30-day challenge. Before I started this challenge, I wrote down a list of topics that I wanted to write about. Choosing just the right one - based on my mood and feelings for the day - is harder than I thought.

So, I'm going to go back and touch a little on my first post...I was super pumped when I got started. I had the perfect blog name picked out. I actually had a couple of them. Boy, was I surprised when each and every one I typed was "taken". REALLY? I know there are a lot of blogs out there, but I had no idea that I would have to enter a dozen different names before I found one that wasn't taken. Honestly, I almost gave up.

But then I remembered an interview I watched with a blogger/author/speaker. In her interview, she said that whatever we are writing about has most likely been written about before - possibly hundreds of times. But, what has never been written about before is your story in YOUR voice.

Sure, there are probably hundreds of blogs written about divorce, death, abuse, etc. But no one has ever written about it in YOUR voice. That lesson is the reason I have decided to continue attempting to write a blog. My desire to share MY story with you.

With that in mind, I just want to take this time to encourage each of you to follow your dreams. Don't give up.Set a goal for yourself and take action to achieve that goal - whatever it may be. Sometimes goals seem impossible to set and even harder to reach. But, by taking baby steps and rewarding yourself along the way, all goals are possible.

Don't let anything stand in the way of your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment