Wednesday, November 2, 2016

You CAN Teach an Old Dog New Tricks

I have always loved to write...from diaries as a young girl to journals for my kids. I can remember attempting to write a "book" when I was about 8 or 9. Obviously, I never got very far. A few years ago, I tried taking a class on writing magazine articles. Again, I didn't get very far.

With the surge of e-books and blogs, however, I decided to give it one more try. I've done a little bit of research into how to create a voice and reach a target audience. While I'm still not sure if I will ever succeed in writing blogs, or anything else for that matter, I have decided that I am at least going to try.

I am challenging myself to write one blog post every day for the month of November. This is step one! While I am not sure that I can write something interesting, funny or educational every day this month, I know that I definitely have some stories to share. From being an only child raised by a single mom to my own childbirth, from miscarriage to three perfect babies, from marriage and a messy divorce...I am hoping that at least some of these stories are relatable to some readers who may find comfort knowing they are not alone in whatever they face.

I do not plan on talking about religion or politics, although, with the upcoming presidential election, I am sure at least one post will touch a little bit on that.

Today, I promise, to you and to myself, that I will sit down and write SOMETHING - ANYTHING - every day this month! I hope you will join me down my stroll of memory lane. I look forward to laughing and crying with you as I tell you a little bit about the story of my life and how I got to where I am today!

No comments:

Post a Comment